Monday, February 9, 2009

BM Challenge #2: Laptop Presentation


Once a Children's Librarian, Always a Children's Librarian...when it came to selecting something to demonstrate I went with Tumblebooks. The only negative comment I must share is the difficulty in finding it on our website! No link is provided on the kids webpage itself! One must know to go to Find It! within our research page for access. I suppose the old kids page is kind of defunct, but if so, let's get rid of it altogether! Too many places to look, so little time....
Anyway, this wonderful new electronic resource can't get enough press! So I found a staff member who didn't even recognize its name, and went to work.


Aside from the fun of sharing all the great features, I will say that laptop presentations are a cinch, and a great tool to take on the road. Simple as pie even for the tech phobic population, it takes almost no time at all to plug in the projector, put power to the laptop, and connect the two with the blue, color-coded cable. Now if only I could get my hands on that awesome portable screen TRIS has! I'll be putting in a request for sure!


Anyway, Challenge 2 is being posted late, so please excuse the out of order sequence.....

No comments: